Wednesday, February 5, 2014

baffled.

Tonight Bill Nye (the science guy) and Ken Ham (creator of The Creation Museum and Answers in Genesis) debated the popular topic of creation from a Christian worldview and evolution. As I sit and listen to the debate I'm going through the hashtag on Instagram "#creationdebate" and my heart literally hurts seeing all of the posts from people who are denying Christ. Joke after joke about the Bible-thumping weirdos who only use "the book" as their only resource and are naive and condescending in their beliefs.
Today has been a wake-up call to the reality that outside of the 'Calvary bubble' the majority of people do not believe in the Bible. They don't trust in the Lord, and ultimately, are going to hell because they have denied Christ. I go to a Christian school and an anonymous person from my school tweeted at me and said

it's quite obvious who won and to answer question, religion in general not just Christianity has a very negative affect on how our race progresses
to which I answered
  1. Ken Ham? Yes, I believe he did win. & I don't see how religion has a negative affect. I see how sin has a negative affect.
  2. the idea of religion itself is not bad. In fact, it gives people standards to live by. But when religion takes the place of
  3. a relationship with Christ, our creator, there is a problem. When people put religion over relationship, that's not right.

The naivete of the person running this account worries me.
The reality of the opposition of the Bible and truths of creation are so evident. As Christians, we need to step up, with boldness and love, and spread God's word. We need to be praying for people such as Bill Nye, that he will be changed and challenged by the the things that he heard from Ken Ham.

But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, (1 Peter 3:15)

No comments:

Post a Comment