Wednesday, November 9, 2016

love overcomes fear.

I would be lying if I said that I wasn't angry with the results of this election. In the year of 2016, I am astounded at the amount of hate that has filled our country and the city that I love so much. I was taught to love others no matter what their class, race, background, gender, etc. I have already begun to see the effects of the divide, and this is only day 1.

Yesterday my mom reminded me that Israel asked for a king, not the king the Lord wanted for them, but their request was granted because he gave them up to govern themselves. America asked for a king, and they have certainly gotten what they asked for. To all of my friends who are upset, we MUST remember that when they go low we go high. We must carry ourselves with class and dignity and love. Love others. Love the people around you. Love hard and love without reserve because that is what is going to carry us through.

I don't know if or how he will but God, please bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment