Sunday, September 4, 2016

slowly.

i am slowly, but surely, learning what it means to love someone.

my world is constantly filled with thoughts of myself because the world revolves around me, right?? after a lifetime of life being all about me, suddenly and wonderfully, there is someone else to share it with. but wait, can i actually do that?? can i actually let someone else inside the deep dark corners of who i am and fully allow myself to become vulnerable with them?? could i possibly stop thinking about myself for like 3 seconds and take time out of my day to think about another human being's needs and wants?

of course it is impossible to perfectly love someone else because we are imperfect people. however, it  isn't impossible to try. and with this in mind, there will always be something for me to strive for and improve on.

so this is me. trying to love. selflessly love. because love isn't selfish.
love is patient, kind, doesn't envy or boast, love isn't proud or self seeking. no, love should be unconditional.


No comments:

Post a Comment