Monday, March 2, 2015

caught.

caught between who i am and who i want to be.
i want to love jesus more.
i want more of him everyday.

i want to make a difference;
can you see jesus in me?
do i emulate him?
please, tell me when i don't.

caught between seasons.
seasons of life and literal seasons of weather.
i want it to be summer -- free at last.
but when summer comes,
so will adulthood.
quite frankly:
ain't nobody got time for that.

at the same time,
i think i'm ready.
ready to move on and grow up
and be who i want to be
and head across the country
to seek jesus
and find him.
such a weird place to be in right now.
not quite sure what to do
or what to say
or where to go.

ready to leave
but
i refuse to leave before i have left my mark and made a difference

caught in this place that feels like limbo
but there's so much left to do
and so much kid left inside.
don't make me let go of her,
just let me go.


No comments:

Post a Comment