Sunday, November 2, 2014

cool story time.

SUPER thankful for the body of Christ when things like this happened...here's my story:

on saturday, at around 4:30, i start getting this pain in my side. it feels like a cramp you get when you're running, yanno? so anyway, my first thought is that i'm hungry and so i get some water and keep on working. but as the night went on, the pain started getting sharper and sharper and i was on resets, so it was a lot of up and down, bending over and whatnot. 
{on a side note, we got to leave work semi-early because there was a fire in one of the resident halls, whoops. ps. i work at ann's choice as a waitress.}
so i drove home in a ball because it was the only position that wasn't ridiculously painful. i called my momma and told her what she was going on. she was really sympathetic because she had her appendix out last winter and felt my pain. we went to the emergency room at around 9 - i had a blanket, my bible, and my ipad when i went in. i remember saying to my mom, "i hope i can witness to someone because that would be really cool." they admitted me, asked a lot of questions, and i had to pee really bad. (don't worry, the cool part is coming soon.)
after they brought me to my room, a nurse came in to do an exam. she poked, and prodded and asked more questions. her name is laura. she is super nice. like ridiculously nice. as she leaned over me, i took note of her necklace. it was a cross made out of nails, wrapped in green wire, and hung with a leather strap. i thought that this would be the perfect opportunity to witness to her.
me: i love your necklace!
laura: thank you, i got it at creation last year
i was TOO TURNT
me: DO YOU LOVE JESUS
laura: hahaha, yeah i love jesus.
me: no way no way no way, i love jesus too!
so laura kept giving me needles, ivs, and blood work but the whole time we talked about creation and chris tomlin and rick warren. literally coolest moment of my whole life. it's so awesome to meet believers out in the world doing normal things, and living their lives as jesus would. if i wasn't a christian i would have totally wondered how laura got to be so nice and how at midnight why is she so happy to be taking care of me? 
christian's lives should speak volumes through their actions
not their words.
and laura's did. 
it didn't matter that she was tired, or it was late - she was ready and willing to serve.
i seriously am blown away and completely convicted by her testimony! keep laura in prayer - that she will continue to bless others wherever she goes.
also, keep me in prayer - they found an ovarian cyst. it's not really a big deal and i'm okay. but mostly pray that i can have the same testimony to others that laura had on me.
i want to be his hands and feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment