Monday, May 12, 2014

trying.


as I struggle and wrestle with a few things, this verse keeps coming to mind. however, I did not know it was a verse until today. I kept turning the phrase over in my mind when I decided to look it up. sure enough, it comes from Micah. 

{life is a cycle. a difficult, tiring, and unrelenting cycle.}

mistake. 
tears. 
repent.
small attempt at change.
not strong enough.
repeat.

over, and over, and over again. 

so I ask myself, when will the cycle end? when will I be able to stand up to my sin and say, "enough is enough!" 
well, I've come to realize that I will never be able to say that. never
not until I fully put my trust in The Lord, will I be able to relinquish my sin and the hold it has on my life.

and wow, does it hurt.
it hurts because of my weakness and my inability to humble myself before the throne of grace and let God take control. 

they tell me that my struggle is a good thing. the fact that I struggle, and I realize it must mean that I care and am trying. and while both of those things are true, I hate the struggle. but until I make a concious effort to change, the struggle will continue to be a losing battle. 

I have learned that I will always learn the hard way. because for some reason, the easy way isn't good enough, or something. 

so though I fall, I will rise again. 
because his mercies are new every morning. 
and his power is made perfect in weakness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment