Friday, March 7, 2014

God speaks.

I truly believe that one of my favorite things about being a Christian is how the Lord uses himself to draw us to other people.

{example}
People we wouldn't normally talk to, or even interact at all with, suddenly become a huge part of your life because Christ is the common meeting place.

I also love how Christ sends people into our lives to minister to us. Like, people who have gone through the things that we're going through in this present time. Somehow, they always know what to say. I honestly have no idea what I would do without some of the people that mentor me. They have made quite the difference in my walk with the Lord.

{one more thing...}
Another huge blessing that comes with being a Christian is the times that Christ uses you in other people's lives. Oftentimes, we don't get to see the fruit of out labors because if every time we made a difference and saw it, we would probably forget that it's not actually us, but Christ in us. But there are those special occasions when Christ allows us to see a glimpse of what He's done in someone's life through us and that is such an awesome experience.

Some verses that have blessed me this week are:

Galatians 1:10
Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

1 John 1:5-10
This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.  If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.  But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word is not in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment